Now we're talkin': Epic bacon and rosemary macaroni cheese recipe
This macaroni cheese recipe is a little bit indulgent, and big bit comforting – exactly how mac ’n’ cheese should be
If you’re ever in need of some hearty comfort food, pasta is never a bad idea, and macaroni cheese is always going to be a winner.
This recipe amps up the traditional mac ’n’ cheese just a tad, with rich and crispy smoky bacon and delicate rosemary, But don’t worry, it’s still very much the real deal... just better.
Using a Tefal Ingenio pan, this macaroni cheese is just as easy as it is delicious. Everything’s done in the same non-stick 20cm pan, from hob to oven. You just pop the handle off and get it straight in there. You can even store the leftovers (ha, what leftovers?) in the fridge. Yup, in the same pan.
Roadtesting the Tefal 13 piece Ingenio Expertise pan set
Simple, comforting, delicious!
- 250g macaroni pasta
- 1⁄2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g smoked bacon lardons (or use smoked bacon, diced)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 150g grated cheddar
- 50g grated parmesan
- Using a 20cm Ingenio saucepan, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes; drain well and set the macaroni aside.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat and add the oil and bacon and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until bacon starts to brown, add the garlic and chopped rosemary and fry for another minute.
- Add the butter and when melted add the flour and stir to thicken, cooking for a few minutes.
- Gradually stir in the milk, a little at a time. Cook for approx 10 minutes to a thickened and smooth sauce, stirring regularly. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to hot.
- Add 150g of the cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted. Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place the saucepan under the hot grill, removing the Ingenio handle. Cook until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Remove the pan from under the grill using the removable handle.
- Transfer to the table and serve from the pan with a crispy green salad.