Nutella roll recipe
Gluttons from all over the world, here's the cake for you!
The day before yesterday I posted a photo of a work in progress. So... here we are! Another day at home to cook goodies. This is the first time I've ever prepared this Nutella roll, so let's see together if it will be okay!
Ingredients for the dough
This roll is inspired by the Salame del Re, a chocolate dessert typical of the Umbria region of Italy: a dough roll, made with eggs, flour, sugar and baking powder, flavoured with Alchermes liqueur, stuffed with chocolate cream and served with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Ingredients for the filling
- 100g flour
- 4 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Alchermes liqueur
- To make the base, whip the eggs with the sugar until you have obtained a frothy mixture. You can do it in a mixer or by hand.
- Combine the sifted flour and baking powder. Mix well with the whisk.
- Pour the dough onto a rectangular baking tray lined with parchment paper, level with a spatula and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn the pan over a damp cloth, roll the sponge cake into the fabric and let it cool.
- Once cold, unroll the base, place it on parchment paper and wet it with Alchermes mixed with water.
- Now it's time for Nutella. Heat it in a water bath (quantity by eye); this way it will be easier to spread it.
- Now carefully roll the dough (help yourself with parchment paper if you need it).
- Well, we're done. Now the roll must be kept in the fridge for at least 4 hours before being served.