Okara vegan burger recipe
This is made with okara, which is a by-product of making soya milk. See my article about making soya milk and tofu and my vegan mayonnaise recipe.
By the way if you would like more okara recipes, please let me know.
Homemade soya milk and tofu are far superior and cheaper than the shop bought versions, and they are quite simple to make.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small onion
- ½ red pepper
- 1 carrot
- rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 300g okara
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
First make the okara - see my recipe on how to make soya milk and tofu
- Finely chop the garlic clove, onion, red pepper and carrot together.
- Fry the vegetable mixture in a couple of tablespoons of oil.
- Add the spices, tomato puree and worcester sauce and stir in well and cook for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the okara and vegetable mixture in a food mixer and blend till smooth.
- Make the mixture into burger patties and fry on both sides until golden brown.
Why not try this with my vegan mayonnaise recipe made from aquafaba from a tin of chick peas.