Olivier. The best present. The symbol of unity. #FTBIRTHDAY
Everyone in Russia and Belarus love it very much
Many people do not eat meat for various reasons. But just as in America it is impossible to imagine a holiday without a baked turkey, so in Russia and Belarus, every family prepares a traditional Olivier salad for the holidays.
Vegetarian Olivier can be prepared with a variety of ingredients, and lean mayonnaise can be used for dressing.
Olivier is always served on New Years and big holidays. This dish is called Russian salad abroad, but in our country it is named after its creator, a Russian chef with French origin - Lucier Olivier. And in short, Olivier. No one abroad will tell you a better recipe than the one who lives its whole life with this salad ... It is simple, quick and irreplaceable. Do you want a holiday? Make Olivier. It's like tangerines for the New Year...
For me it is interesting because it is in tune with Oliver's car ... And this is very nice, because even the color of the salad matches the color of Richard Hammond's car. And the salad is very popular, people... Like a car.
And this is the best Russian way to wish FoodTribe a Happy Birthday. A real gift of friendship, longevity and prosperity for our beloved community. This is what Olivier symbolizes, a long life, traditions, respect and endless happiness to be together at a holiday, eating a dish that everyone loves at once. It is a symbol of unity. Yes, there are no people in Russia and Belarus who do not like Olivier.
With only best wishes to FoodTribe
- Potatoes 3-4 pcs.
- Carrots 1 pc.
- Fresh cucumber 1-2 pcs.
- Pickled cucumbers 3-4 pcs.
- For vegan - can of beans/tofu/mushroom
- For non vegan - boiled sausage/chicken and boiled eggs
- Green peas - 1 can
- Mayonnaise and Sour Cream
- Greens, spices
- Cook potatoes and carrots without peeling.
- For vegan - open a jar of red beans and drain in a colander to drain the excess liquid. Or cook mushrooms or tofu.
- For non vegan - chop a boiled sausage and boil the eggs
- From the jar, place the peas in a colander.
- Cooled vegetables need to be peeled and cut into cubes. It is better to cut carrots a little finer. Wash the cucumbers, if the skin is too tough, then it is better to cut it off. Cut into cubes. Also rinse the salted ones and cut into cubes.
- If you like, then chop the onion and pour boiling water over the cubes for a minute. (I don't like an onion in this recipe)
- Mix all the ingredients of the salad in a bowl, season it with lean mayonnaise and sour cream. Transfer to a salad bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley and dill. Chopped greens can also be added to a salad, and garnish with parsley sprigs on top.
Olivier goes best with potato dishes. It is often served in crystal or shaped like a cylinder.