Omelettes with avocado, Parmigiano Reggiano and aromatic herbs recipe
A modern and Instagram-worthy twist on the beloved breakfast omelette
The world's love for omelettes is so well deserved. They're versatile; you can pretty much chuck in anything and they taste divine; and although they're known to be eaten at breakfast, they work for any meal of the day.
This recipe gives the trusty omelette a very modern twist, boasting fragrant herbs such as arugula and pink peppercorns, creamy avocado, and our favourite sweet and nutty cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano.
Parmigiano Reggiano lifts this omelette to the elite level of breakfast and brunching – be sure to get a snap of this one for your Instagram!
- 6 eggs
- 40 ml milk
- 30 g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 120 g slivers of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 30 g butter
- Pink pepper kernels
- In a bowl, beat eggs, Parmigiano Reggiano and milk with a fork; add salt and pepper and flavour with some strands of chives cut into rounds.
- Peel and halve the avocado, then cut each half into thin slices. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat up in a non-stick pan with a diameter of 12-15 cm, brush the bottom with butter and pour in a quarter of the egg mixture. Cook on both sides, then form another 3 omelettes with the remaining mixture.
- Stuff every omelette with avocado, arugula and Parmigiano Reggiano slivers. Sprinkle with pink pepper kernels.
Consorzio Del Parmigiano Reggiano