Only a superb baker will score 80% or more in this quiz!
How often do you bake?
- Only during the holidays
- As often as I can
- I only bake my family's birthday cakes
- Not too often
- Not as much as I want to
- It's my job!
Which ingredient does NOT belong in traditional apple pie?
- Ice water
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon powder
Which country is known for Victoria Sponge cake?
- United States
When do you take cookies out of the oven?
- When they look done to me. I'll keep checking them.
- At the exact time the recipe calls for
- 10-15 minutes, always
- When the edges begin to set and turn golden, slightly under-baked
- When they're completely cooked
- When they turn a dark golden color
How do you keep chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the batter?
- Sprinkle them on top of the finished batter
- Fold them into the batter
- Heat them for five seconds in the microwave
- Coat them in oil
- Use larger chocolate chunks instead
- Coat them in flour
Which baking tool could you live without?
- Rolling pin
- Stand mixer
- Cookie sheets
- Silicone spatulas
- Frosting piping nozzles
- Measuring spoons
What does "emulsion" mean?
- Add extra milk to the batter
- Bake in a water bath
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl
- Combining ingredients that normally don't combine
- Baking at a higher temperature
- Using alternatives for certain ingredients
Which city is known as the "baking capital of the world"?
- Vienna, Austria
- London, England
- Budapest, Hungary
- Paris, France
- New York, NY, USA
- Zürich, Switzerland
What ingredients make classic shortbread?
- Powdered sugar, butter, flour
- Flour, sour cream, sugar
- Eggs, flour, butter
- Eggs, butter, sugar
- Flour, butter, sugar
- Flour, butter, oil
Lastly, would you ever create your own pastry?
- I have a recipe, but I don't think it's any good
- I'm working on one now
- I already have!
- I've tried, but gave up
- No way!
- I've considered it, but never tried yet