Parma Ham, date, walnut and pear cinnamon rolls recipe
Think this sounds like a bit of an odd combination? Just wait until you try it...
Who knew that adding Parma Ham to your cinnamon rolls was the best decision you could make this week?
The saltiness from the ham cuts through the sweetness of the dates and pear perfectly, making these an ideal brunch treat.
- 1 x 12 hole deep muffin tin
- 1 x 320g sheet of ready roll puff pastry
- 20g plain flour, for dusting
- 75g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease the tin
- 50g Dates, de-stoned and finely chopped
- 50g walnuts, finely chopped
- 100g dried pear, finely chopped
- 10g Demerara sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 5 slices Parma Ham
- 1 egg, beaten
- ...To serve...
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry, keeping it on the paper sheet and spread evenly with the softened butter. Sprinkle over the dates, walnuts, pear, sugar and cinnamon. Lay the Parma Ham on top.
- Using the paper under the pastry to help you, roll the filled pastry from the long side enclosing the filling to make a sausage, wrap tightly in cling film and chill for 10 -12 minutes until completely firm.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Lay flat-side down into a lightly buttered deep 12-hole muffin tin and press them slightly so they spread out a little.
- Brush with the tops with a little beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup or honey.