Parma Ham, gruyère and poached egg croissants recipe
A continental breakfast crossover that'll brighten even the dreariest of mornings
Parma Ham. Poached eggs. Gruyère cheese. Croissants. As I'm sure you'll agree, they're all ingredients that are worth shouting about on an individual level. But when you put them together? Holy shizzle. You've got a breakfast/brunch behemoth that's sunny, savoury and certain to put a smile on your face.
Got ten minutes to spare in the morning? Then thank your lucky stars, 'cause that's all the time you'll need to sleepily throw together this zero-faff recipe. Devour your flaky, buttery, pastry-and-Parma-Ham creation before you step out for the day, or wrap it up and eat it on the go – either way, you'll be winning at life.
- 2 croissants
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 50g gruyère cheese, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices Parma Ham
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C and warm the croissants for 5 minutes.
- Split the croissants in half. Set the top halves aside and spread the bottom halves with a little wholegrain mustard. Top with sliced gruyère and toast until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Top the cheese-covered croissant halves with a poached egg and slices of Parma Ham. Finish by replacing the top croissant halves.
The Parma Ham Consortium