Perfectly fluffy apple sauce muffin recipe
These muffins are moist, warm and fluffy. Get baking!
We go to Ravenwood Castle almost ever year for our anniversary. Ravenwood Castle is a bed and breakfast located in a very remote area right outside of McArthur, Ohio. That is where we first had these lovely muffins. They're perfectly fluffy, and even better served warm. My husband enjoyed them enough he asked if there was any way we could have the recipe. Fortunately they said yes!
Leave the hassle, come stay in our castle! Nestled in the woods of scenic Hocking Hills, Ravenwood Castle provides a charming setting with a medieval flair. Whether you are planning a romantic trip for two or a unique getaway for family and friends, Ravenwood Castle makes for an unforgettable destination.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- optional cane sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix butter, sugar and spices in a bowl. Mix in egg and then apple sauce. Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Put muffin liners in pan. If not using liners, make sure to grease pan.
- Scoop batter into liners, and sprinkle with optional sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve with butter if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins
I got this recipe from Ravenwood Castle. The only things I have changed is that I cut the recipe in half, and I sprinkle sugar on top.