Personality quiz: What do your kitchen appliances say about you?
You need to mince a garlic clove. What do you use?
- A knife
- A garlic press
- A grater
You can only have one: microwave or toaster?
You need to cook rice. Do you use a saucepan or a dedicated rice cooker?
- Saucepan; those rice cookers take up way too much space!
- Rice cooker; I don't want to risk burning the bottom or getting sticky rice!
You need something to make coffee. What do you buy?
- Nothing, coffee is grim
- An Aeropress, V60 or Chemex
- A Moka Pot
- A Nespresso machine
- A jar of instant
- Full blown domestic espresso machine
Gas, electric or induction hob?
- Gas: the old ways are the best
- Electric: it does the job
- Induction: the future is now, people
You've ordered a Chinese takeaway. What do you eat with?
- Chopsticks, like you're meant to
- Fork; this isn't even proper Chinese cuisine
- Slurped straight out of the Tupperware into your mouth, sitting in bed
You've only got a small cupboard. How do you use it?
- Loads of herbs and spices and bare minimum crockery
- Loads of crockery and less ingredients: I want to be able to have loads of people round to eat