Pineapple Semolina Pudding Recipe: Made With Jaggery And Fresh Pineapple
A common Indian dessert made in a blink of an eye. This version of semolina pudding is different as it is made without any butter, oil, or Sugar.
- 200 gms Semolina
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Cup Milk (any of your choice)
- 5 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- Handful Chopped Pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 2 Cardamom Cloves
- Pineapple Essence, optional
- Yellow Food Color, optional
- Garnish (any dry fruit, I have used only almond shavings)
- Roast the semolina in a saucepan on low flame for about 5-6minutes (stirring occasionally, until light brown in color)
- Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water with the jaggery until dissolved. Add a few drops of pineapple essence and cardamom cloves.
- Add chopped pineapple pieces to the water (keep some later for garnish)
- Add 1 cup milk along with a dash of yellow food color (optional) Mix well.
- Add the roasted semolina to this liquid slowly and continuously stirring it, avoiding lumps formation. Mix all well until the Semolina becomes gooey.
- Remove the gooey mixture in a bowl or a container you wish to store the semolina. Add the remaining chopped pineapple pieces and almond shaves on the top for garnish.
Do taste the dessert while making it, in case you need to adjust the sweetness. If you are using canned pineapple you can use the pineapple syrup from the can directly with some water. Enjoy this yummy and healthy version of the semolina dessert.
Handful Chopped Pineapple (fresh or canned)