Pizza in a pan recipe – need pizza RIGHT NOW? We've got you sorted
The easiest pizza you'll ever make
We don't know about you, but we quite often get a serious craving for pizza.
Sometimes we don't have everything ready to go, and resort to ordering a takeaway, or sobbing into something that's not pizza for the rest of the night. That was the case, until we found this recipe.
You get pizza, tick. You don't have to spend loads of money on a takeaway, tick. There's hardly any washing up, tick. We're only seeing up sides here.
'But how do you make this tasty treat?' we hear you cry. Well, you need to get yourself a pizza the Tefal Ingenio range.
The Ingenio range features pans with a detachable handle, which of course makes for seriously tidy storage. In fact, they take up 50%* less space than ‘normal’ saucepans (*compared to Tefal’s fixed handle ranges).
Roadtesting the Tefal 13 piece Ingenio Expertise pan set
You can cook with them on induction, gas, electric, ceramic and halogen heat sources, put them straight in the oven (minus lids and handles, and up to 260°C, which is hotter than you’ll probably ever use!), use them for food storage in the fridge with the airtight lids, and even serve food straight to the table. If you do happen to have leftovers – rare, I know! – you can take the pan out the fridge, and put it straight onto the hob for reheating, which means a lot less washing up (and less opportunity to get annoyed at your partner for not doing the washing up in the first place).
On with the pizza!
- ...For the dough...
- 250g wheat flour + more to work the dough
- 3.5g dry yeast
- 130ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- ...For the topping...
- 150ml tomato sauce
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Other toppings of your choice (pineapple, anchovies, many meats...)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the dry yeast. Add the sugar, salt, olive oil and water. Knead the ingredients together until they become a smooth dough that pulls away easily from the bowl.
- Let rest 20-30 minutes, then divide the dough into 2 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or stretch out the dough to form 2 rounds with a diameter of about 28cm each.
- Oil your pan and put one dough in the preheated pan. Cook for about 3 minutes (medium heat). Turn the dough over, cook for another 2 minutes, then add the tomato sauce, sliced mozzarella and any other ingredients you wish to add.
- Place the Ingenio pan with the pizza into the oven and remove the handle. Bake at 200°C until the dough is crispy and the mozzarella melted. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.
Tip : To save time, you can also use store-bought pizza dough. In this case, skip to Step 4 of the instructions.