Vegan Oreo brownie recipe: A gooey chocolatey treat
The recipe as promised!
It seems that John Coleman failed on his attempt to hack FoodTribe to make both poll options win! But as promised to the world, here's an amazing vegan Oreo brownies recipe which you'll possibly devour in one sitting.
- 3x 100g bar of vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 200g sugar
- 115ml vegetable oil
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 95g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 2 tbsp of milk alternative
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pack of Oreos
- Start by making the flax eggs. Place the ground flaxseeds and water into a cup stir and set to one side.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt) stir and set to one side.
- Melt one of the bars of chocolate either in the microwave or over a bain Marie. Once done again set to one side. Finally place all the wet ingredients into a bowl (vegetable oil, vanilla, milk) then slowly whisk in the dry mix.
- Once those are combined pour in the melted chocolate and again whisk. Now is the fun part. Smash half the pack of Oreos and the rest of the chocolate in a bag and pour into the mix then fold in to distribute them.
- Place into a square brownie tin and top with the remaining Oreos.
- Place into the oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees. Cut and indulge in a slice of heaven!