Prawns fra diavolo recipe
A fiery seafood pasta dish to spice up your midweek recipe repertoire.
Post sponsored by
Now this one's a prawn pasta dish that really packs a punch. Chilli flakes bring a devilish heat, while Explore Cuisine's gluten-free Organic Black Bean Spaghetti is saintly enough to keep the carbs low and the protein high. What's more, it's a cinch to cook – AND it's a bit of a looker. Date night? This could be your meal-match made in heaven.
- 340g king prawns
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 800g peeled plum tomatoes, coarsely puréed or crushed by hand
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Spaghetti
- 30g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pinch coarse sea salt (plus more, as needed)
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the prawns and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until the prawns are just starting to brown and are almost fully cooked through.
- Transfer the prawns to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the frying pan to a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, oregano and chilli flakes, and cook, stirring, until the garlic is just beginning to turn golden.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Season with salt.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving about 130ml of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, along with a splash of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the prawns and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring, until the sauce reduces and clings to the pasta, and the prawns are fully heated through. Add more pasta water if the sauce becomes too dry. Season with salt, if necessary.
- Stir in the parsley and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Serve right away.
Explore Cuisine Pasta