Puff pastry sticks with mozzarella cheese recipe
You only need four ingredients...
Preparing these savoury snacks is quite easy – I used puff pastry which I bought some days ago. They'll take you a maximum of ten minutes to prepare, so why not give them a try?
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 50-60g cheese (or grated cheese, depending on preference)
- Mix of your favourite herbs (I used 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp chilli, 1/4 tsp basil and 1/4 tsp rosemary)
- Set the oven to 200°C. Meanwhile prepare all the ingredients. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into two equal halves. Set aside for a moment.
- Mix all your favourite herbs, add an egg and blend everything. Grate the cheese.
- Brush the first half of the pastry with the herb and egg mix. Top with grated cheese and cover with the second layer of pastry. Brush the top with more egg and herbs.
- Cut the pastry into strips, and form them into twists. Put them on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Serve them with your favourite dip or sauce.