Pumpkin and chickpea spaghetti with roast chicken recipe
Delicious pumpkin and chickpea spaghetti served with pumpkin puree and seasoned roast chicken
- 200gms Spaghetti
- 150gms Pumpkin
- 100gms Chickpea
- 1 medium size Onion
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes
- Handful Spinach Leaves
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 3tbsp Cooking Cream
- Seasoning (any dry herb, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, lemon juice/vinegar and sriracha or hot sauce)
- Garnish (grated parmesan cheese and spring onion, optional)
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water with a dash of salt and oil for about 10 minutes or follow the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain the water and drizzle some olive oil so that it does not become sticky.
- Meanwhile cut small cubes of pumpkin. Drizzle some olive oil and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes. If you are not using an oven, heat some oil in a pan and add the pumpkin cubes and seasoning, let it cook until tender.
- (Once the pumpkin is ready keep a handful aside to make the purée, optional)
- In a pan add olive oil, minced garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds. Add diced onions and cook until soft and brown. Add the cooked pumpkin, chickpea, spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes slit in to halves. Add the cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle some salt, 1tbsp black pepper, 1/2tbsp chili flakes, 1tbsp dry herb, 1tbsp lemon juice or vinegar, 1tbsp sriracha or hot sauce and 1tbsp soy sauce. Toss all well and cook for about 2 minutes or less.
- Purée – Blend a few cooked pieces of pumpkin, 2tbsp chickpea, 3tbsp cooking cream, olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic, until you get a creamy Purée. Serve with some roasted chicken on the side (optional).
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and spring onion.
Pumpkin and Chickpea Spaghetti is the best go to dish if you are looking for a meat free meal. The sweetness from the pumpkin and hotness from the chili and hot sauce makes this dish very appetising. Do let me know in the comments section if you like this easy recipe and share more ideas with me!