Quarantine cooking: mango chocolate biscuit pudding recipe
Striking deals with mother can have a delicious outcome...
My mother can be a brilliant negotiator. As the lockdown continues to strain us by making us do all the household chores, my mother sees this as a clever opportunity to reduce her workload.
Tired of doing most of the chores herself, she proposed a deal to my brother and me yesterday. According to the proposition, if both brothers lent a hand in half the house chores every day, she would come up with a dessert every week.
With our minds polluted with greed and our mouths flooded with drool, we agreed to her request and got on with the domestic work. Only to find we were robbed of our leisure time.
Bothered with that scooped up part? We ate that, of course!
Fortunately, our incentive part of the deal came in just a couple of hours later when we saw this beautiful mango-chocolate-biscuit dessert in front of us. Garnished with cream all around the mango slices sitting on a chocolate layer, my brother and I instantly knew we struck a ‘fruitful’ deal.
The best part was how easy and quick it was to make. Fifteen minutes is all it took her to prepare this dessert (and then close to two hours in the fridge to turn into a freezing dessert).
All in all, this deal turned out to be a dehydrating proposition for us. While we slogged away in the morning and sweated it out, the evening saw the remaining water come out in the form of endless drool, both before and after we had the dessert. After, because we obviously yearned for more.
- Whipped cream
- 2 packets biscuits
- 2 mangoes
- Chocolate sauce
- Coffee powder
Step 1 - Prepare the chocolate layer
- Mix 2 tsp chocolate sauce with whipped cream to prepare the chocolate layer.
Step 2 - Prepare the other layers
- Prepare a mixture of water and coffee powder in a container.
- Dip the biscuits in it, one after the other and place them in the dessert glass bowl.
- Repeat this biscuit dipping and placing process until the bowl has a layer of dipped biscuits.
- Pour one layer of chocolate cream above the biscuit layer.
- Above it, add a layer of chopped mango pieces.
Step 3 - Filling it up
- Repeat step 2 again until you fill up the glass bowl.
- The end layer should have chocolate cream with mangoes on top.
- Use any leftover cream and mangoes for decoration.
Keep chopped mangoes ready to be put on the top layer!
My mother (Sudha)