Quarantine cuisine: Super easy, super tasty kimchi fried rice recipe
This quick and delicious kimchi fried rice will make the best of your pantry supplies and satisfy those takeout-craving-tastebuds!
Kimchi fried rice, or kimchi-bokkeumbap (김치볶음밥), is a simple yet tasty home-cooking staple loved by Korean families for generations, and comprises of two main ingredients: kimchi and rice. Many people also choose to add additional ingredients to this dish, such as seasonal vegetables, chicken, or bacon. Serve with pickled radish, cabbage salad and a fried egg, sunny side up! #StayHome
- 3 cups of steamed rice
- 1 cup of chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup of kimchi juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2-3 tablespoons of gochujang (hot pepper paste) (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet of nori, shredded
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped kimchi to the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, kimchi juice, water and gochujang to the pan. Stir all the ingredients together for approximately 7 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and stir into the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish the kimchi fried rice with the sliced spring onion, sesame seeds and nori.
- Serve immediately on its own or with other side dishes.