Home cooking brought to you by
There are basic things we should learn about cooking while we are growing up, so when we're shipped out into the world to attempt to be "adults" (whatever that means!), we don't perish/starve/something dramatic! Test your knowledge to see if you've picked up these skills along the way...
How long does it take to hard boil an egg?
- 5 minutes
- 7 minutes
- 9 minutes
- 10 minutes
Which key ingredients should be included in a Béchamel sauce?
- Flour, milk, and butter
- Flour, milk, and egg yolks
- Flour, butter, and egg whites
- Egg whites, milk, and salt
If I have flour, water, salt, and yeast, what am I making?
What is this guy doing?
Which cutting technique is being used here?
When buying fresh mussels, what should you look for?
- Shells are closed, or close spontaneously when you tap them
- Shells are slightly open and remain open
- Shells are wide open and remain open
- Shells are easy to open and break in half
If I want to make a basic pesto, which of these will I not need?
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
Which of these terms means to cook food in its own juices with a little butter over low heat, until softened?