Quiz: How much do you know about Spam?
What was the design brief of Spam?
- Easy to transport meat for troops
- Easy to chew meat for the elderly
- Increase the sales of pork shoulder
- To provide James May with a food to take to the north pole
What does Spam stand for?
- Spiced Pork and Ham
- Special Army Meat
- Shoulder of Pork and Ham
- Sausage Pork and Ham
When was Spam first sold?
Who named Spam?
- Kenny Dalglish
- Kenny Roberts
- Kenny Rogers
- Ken Daigneau
WW2 saw a boom in Spam's popularity as a means of getting meat to the front line, but what was it called?
- Special Army Meat
- Meatloaf without Basic Training
- Tuck in a Tin
- Pink Propellant
Fun Fact: The Hormel Girls were basically the Captain America of tinned food. They travelled the states selling Spam.
- Thank you for that fun fact
- I feel better knowing that
What year was the billionth can of Spam produced?
1970 saw an important Spam-iversaries, what were they?
- Production of the 2 billionth can
- Production of the 3 billionth can
- James May had his first can of Spam aged 7
- Monty Python's Spam sketch is first televised
Have you got anything without Spam?
- Spam, bacon, sausage and Spam
- Spam, egg, Spam, Spam, bacon and Spam
- Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served with shallots and aubergines garnished with a truffle pate
- Spam, egg, sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it?
What year was the Spam Museum opened?
When opening in 1991 what did it celebrate?
- James May's 28th birthday
- 100 years of Hormel
- 6 years until my arrival on the planet
- 5 years of Spam - Less Sodium
How many countries around the world is Spam sold in?
Which of these isn't a real Spam variety?
- Hickory Smoked
- Hot and Spicy
- Black Pepper
- Portuguese Sausage
- Roast Beef
How many cans of Spam are eaten every second around the world?
- 10.2 cans per second
- 11.3 cans per second
- 12.8 cans per second
- 15.7 cans per second
- 18.4 cans per second