Quiz: How much of a foodie are you really?
This quiz is designed to sort the gastronomes from the gubbins. As a keen foodie you should know almost everything there is to know about food – from where spices come from to what the nation's favourite biscuit is, and everything in between. So put your copy of Larousse down and get stuck in...
Which country has the most Michelin 3 star restaurants (as of 2019)?
Which plant does saffron come from?
What's in the Creole 'Holy Trinity'?
- Onions bell peppers and celery
- Shallots garlic and bell peppers
- Celery, onions and carrots
- Garlic, onions and celery
How much does the most expensive cheese sell for?
- $400 per pound
- $600 per pound
- $800 per pound
- $1000 per pound
What type of kitchen implement is a Santoku?
- Garlic crusher
- Food processor blade
- Chef's knife
- Ceramic pie dish
Which of these fruit is typically NOT seasonal in in May?
What's the appropriate method for a sous vide medium-rare tenderloin steak?
- 145°F (63°C) to 155°F (68°C) 45 minutes to 3 1/2 hours
- 135°F (57°C) to 144°F (62°C) 45 minutes to 4 hours
- 120°F (49°C) to 128°F (53°C) 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours
- 129°F (54°C) to 134°F (57°C) 45 minutes to 4 hours (2 1/2 hours max if under 130°F/54°C)
Which of these would you NOT expect to find in a Waldorf salad?
Which chilli pepper registers at around 1 million units on the Scoville scale?
- Ghost pepper
- Carolina Reaper
- Trinidad Scorpion
- Scotch bonnet
What is the UK's most popular biscuit?
- Custard cream
- Chocolate digestive
- Rich Tea
- Jaffa Cake