QUIZ: How strict were table manners in your household?
Firstly, did your family eat together at the table?
- Yes, most evenings
- Not really, TV > chat
How often were you told to put it down and eat with a knife and fork?
- Every meal
- Rarely, I was quick at whipping salad into my mouth
Were you allowed to blow your nose at the table?
- Nobody said anything, if it was done quietly
- Goodness no
Dinner's finished. Did you have to ask to be excused?
- Leaving the table was like leaving the runway. Full clearance necessary
- Sometimes. Usually when guests were over
Pick an average mealtime conversation
- The day's happenings, a bit of fact-checking, a brief parental inquiry, and moodiness that boiled over during the dishes
- Positive subjects. Anyone who tried to bring in the disgusting or the controversial was warned once
- Anything went. Though talking about vomit drew a GAH NOT NOW
Were you allowed to turn up to the table in whatever you wanted?
- Combed hair and a washed face
- Kinda. A comment might be made, but I probably wouldn't be sent back to my room
- Unless it was particularly dirty or undergarmenty
Elbows on the table - no or meh?
- Not when guests were over, of course
You didn't finish all your dinner. What were you normally told?
- "You're not getting down until you finish it"
- "Fine, but no dessert and you're having it tomorrow for lunch"
- "Another two mouthfuls and you can leave the rest"
- "No problem Skyla"