Quiz: How well do you know Cajun and Creole cuisine?
Which one of these ingredients is NOT part of the "Cajun Holy Trinity"?
- Green pepper
This is Avery Island, Louisiana. What food item is produced here?
- Tabasco sauce
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Zatarain's Creole Mustard
- Louisiana Remoulade
What's this called?
- Po' Boy
- Hero sandwich
In Cajun and Creole cuisine, how is crawfish traditionally prepared?
Traditionally, the dish known as Red Beans and Rice contains which sausage?
- Boudin noir
What is filé powder made out of?
- Green chillis
What's the difference between a Cajun roux and a Creole roux?
- Cajun uses oil and flour, Creole uses butter and flour
- Cajun uses butter and flour, Creole uses oil and flour
- Cajun uses cornstarch, Creole uses flour
- Cajun uses flour, Creole uses cornstarch
- Nothing, they're the same
Fill in the blank: the "Holy Trinity" is to Cajun cuisine as what _____ is to French cuisine
What Cajun cooking technique involves the use of butter, spice rub, and a really hot cast iron pan?
Which legendary New Orleans chef is this?
- Paul Prudhomme
- Emeril Lagasse
- Justin Wilson
- Isaac Toups