Quiz: We'll tell you how picky you are based on whether you'd eat these foods
Hákarl – rotten shark
- Absolutely not
- Sounds gross, but maybe
- I'll give it a go
- Whatever, I'm hungry
- Ew, no
- If I absolutely must
- Sure, OK
- I've eaten it already and will have another please
Escargots – snails
- You're kidding?
- I've heard of that... maybe I'll give it a try
- What's the worst that can happen?
- I snack on these all the time
Bird's nest soup (made from swiftlet saliva)
- Why do people eat this?
- I know it's going to be weird but I'll take a tiny bit
- Sure, I love a taste of Asia
- It's soup, what's the big deal?
Fugu (it's pufferfish – and if prepared incorrectly, it's poisonous)
- Not only is it gross, it's dangerous – nope
- Is it cooked safely? Maybe i'll have a small bite
- That sounds adventurous. Yes!
- I eat fish all the time – of course!
Rocky mountain oysters (despite the name, these are deep fried bull's testicles)
- So gross they can't even call it what it is
- It looks like a big chicken nugget but I bet it's disgusting. I'll try it
- If we are going to eat the whole animal, that should include the balls. Yes please
- It's basically beef
Shirako – cod testes
- What is it with you and reproductive organs?
- I accidentally had it and it was OK
- Oh, like sushi!
- Again, it's basically fish... what's the problem?
Sweetbread – the thymus or pancreas of a cow/lambs
- So we are eating glands now?
- It was tasty. I didn't realise what it was
- If it's good enough for fine dining, it's good enough for me
- I'd stick it in a sandwich and never even think to mention it
- I would run away from that or swat it with a rolled up newspaper
- One jumped into my mouth once. It wasn't disgusting
- All my friends have tried them, and I definitely would
- It's just protein – and better for the planet, too
Bheja – fried goat brain
- There is just no need
- I know it's going to be weird but I'll taste it
- I'm all about trying new things
- No point in it going to waste!