Recipe: As requested by the tribe, the secret recipe unveiled…
Chocolate Walnut Crack-up Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- icing sugar
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and stir the cocoa, blend well.
- Allow to cool, then add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder. Next add the butter cocoa mix into the flour and add the walnuts.
- Stir well, then cover and allow to chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line a cookie tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and shape it into a ball and dip and roll in the icing sugar, then place on the prepared tray. Re[peat this for the rest of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before eating, these chewy centred cookies.
The combination of chocolate and walnut in a cookie recipe is great for adding a touch of that beautiful nuttiness to the sweet. These cookies are perfect for enjoying with your cup of tea or coffee. For more of my recipes check out https://australianflavours.com.au/recipes/
These biscuits are an absolute delight! With a chewy centre that keeps you coming back for more… I dare you to try them and dunk them in your favourite hot beverage! Would love to see your comments about them below 👇 Sir John Coleman would love to see you have a crack..lol