Recipe: Bacon Jalapeno Popper Smash Burger - The Best Burger I've Ever Made!!!
When jalapeno poppers and burgers combine!
It was an absolute flavor EXPLOSION! Beautiful smash burgers combined with a creamy jalapeno popper sauce and bacon - I was in absolute heaven! It was pretty easy to prepare and I had all of the ingredients on hand already.
To get started, I prepared the sauce first to allow it to have time for the flavors to all meld together. Cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded mozzarella, diced jalapeno, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt are combined and set aside. After that, I warmed up the flat top to cook the burgers and bacon.
It's about to be jalapeno popper burger sauce!
Mix it all together and set it aside to allow the flavors to meld together!
The smash burger part was easy and goes just like normal. I put a base of onion down, and then the beef meatballs, before smashing them into thin patties. I strayed from my usual burger topping of American cheese and opted for cheddar cheese this go around. Thick cut, Hickory smoked bacon was also thrown down on the flat top to sizzle away to perfection. The last thing to do before assembling the jalapeno popper burgers was to toast the buns on the flat top!
Smash burger awesomeness in progress!
Assembly in progress!
To assemble the burger, I stacked one cheddar cheesed patty on top another, and then situated those one top of my toasted bottom bun. On top of this, a healthy amount of thick cut, hickory smoked bacon was laid down. Then lettuce and tomato were added. On my toasted to bun, I spread a heaping amount of the jalapeno popper sauce, and then for good measure added a healthy dose of pickled jalapeno splices.
Pickled jalapeno slices!
All stacked up!
So how was it? Damn! So far I think this was the best burger I've ever made! It tasted just like a jalapeno popper, wrapped in bacon, but served on a really good cheese burger! The sauce with the pickled jalapenos had a nice heat to it, but cooled at the same time. This cheese burger was a total mess when it came time to tackle it, but it was just soooooooo damn good! I can't wait to do this one again!
A big mess waiting to happen!
Melty cheese and a cheesy jalapeno popper sauce!
Bacon, cheese, and beef!
Let's take it all in!
Squished down to fit in my mouth!
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 to 3 jalapenos - seeded and finely diced
- Bacon - as much cooked bacon as you want to top your burgers with
- Tomato - sliced
- sliced cheddar cheese
- Jar of pickled jalapeno slice
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, mozzarella, and dice jalapenos in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Prepare your burgers to your desired method and cook up your bacon! Top your burgers with the sliced cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Once your burger patties are ready, it's time to build your bacon jalapeno popper cheese burger! Top your cheese burger with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pickled jalapeno slices. Spread a healthy helping of the jalapeno popper sauce on the top bun, and you're ready to rock!