Recipe: Banana & Chocolate Chip Cake
Let the Tefal InfinyMix+ take the hard work out of cake preparation
If there's two sweet things I can never resist, it's banana bread and chocolate. Fortunately, fellow banana bread and chocolate lovers, this incredibly simple recipe combines the two into this Banana & Chocolate Chip Cake, which is a real 'best of both worlds' dessert. Forget lockdown banana bread, this is a whole other level.
If you're used to making your cakes the classic way by mixing everything together in a bowl, you can say goodbye to the shoulder and elbow pain thanks to the Tefal InfinyMix+ blender, which takes all the hard work out of preparing a yummy cake mix just like this.
Simply throw all the ingredients in together, let the machine do the hard work, pop it into the oven, let it cool, and enjoy. It couldn't be any easier – or tastier!
- 180g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60g softened butter
- 180g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 125g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender jug, except the chocolate chips. Select the dessert program, then press the Start button. Stir the ingredients using the pestle if required.
- At the end of the program, open the lid, add the chocolate chips and press the speed button, adjust to level 3, press the time button, adjust to 20 secs and press the Start button.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-greased and floured cake tin. Bake for 50 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before turning out.
The Tefal Infiny Mix+ high speed blender has Powelix Life Blade Technology for up to 40x smoother* results and up to 30% faster blending**, as well as an unbreakable Tritan jug and five automatic programmes for endless recipe inspo (smoothie, ice crush, sorbet, dessert and cleaning).
*vs a normal blender / **Compared to Tefal BL310