Recipe: BBQ jerk corn ribs with blue cheese dip
This veggie barbecue jerk rib option isn't a substitute, it's a main event! We're taking TikTok food trends to the next level
You've seen it on TikTok, but have you seen it on FoodTribe? Corn ribs took social media by storm a few weeks back, and we had to see what all the hype was about. Sure enough, the excitement was real - these deliciously sweet and smokey corn ribs are too good to miss.
Cooked until smoky and succulent on the barbecue, these ribs bring an earthy and sweet Caribbean flavour, complemented by an American style blue cheese dip. Heaven on earth? It exists.
- 4 whole corn of the cob
- 1 heaped tsp of Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of Grace's BBQ Jerk sauce
- 1 tsp of neutral oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp of creme fraiche
- 75g of soft blue cheese (like Saint Agur)
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cut your corn into quarters by standing it up straight and in half first, and then again into quarters. You should make eight ribs out of 2 corns.
- Mix your jerk seasoning, BBQ jerk sauce and neutral oil together in a bowl, and cover the corn liberally with it usually a pastry brush.
- Place the corn onto a hot barbecue, and cook until the ribs have curved and are nice and charred.
- While your ribs are cooking, blend your garlic, creme fraiche and blue cheese in a food processor until smooth and put into a bowl.
- Take your corn off the barbecue and garnish with coriander, dip generously in the blue cheese dip and enjoy.