Recipe: BBQ jerk ribs are here to spice up your summer
A summer barbecue classic revved up with Grace Foods Jerk and BBQ sauce
Let's all take a moment to thank the person who decided to smother ribs in BBQ sauces and seasonings and grill them on the barbecue. We will forever be in your debt.
Ribs are a classic barbecue staple, and can pretty much be served with anything. Mash potatoes? Yes please. Fries and corn salad? We'll take 10.
This ribs recipe takes a real authentic spin. Using traditional Caribbean products from Grace Foods, the mixture of these sweet and earthy flavours and succulent pork is a match made in heaven.
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 x 500g pork rack loin ribs
- 1tbsp Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (dry)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3tbsp Encona Jamaican Jerk BBQ Sauce
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 180C, Gas 4, or set up your BBQ for indirect grilling.
- Pour 500ml boiling water into a large roasting tin with the stock cube, onion, garlic and pork ribs.
- Season with salt, black pepper and Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hour until ribs are really tender.
- Put all the barbecue sauce ingredients together in a pan to warm through and thicken.
- Drain the ribs and brush over some sauce.
- Return the ribs to the oven at 200C, Gas 6 for 15 minutes or pop the pork rib racks onto a preheated barbecue. Cook for 5 minutes each side to warm through and brown.
- Serve with warm Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce brushed atop of the finished ribs for a sweet and sticky burst of fresh jerk flavour – Enjoy!
Grace Foods UK