Recipe: How to make the easiest ever tiramisu
Cooking this popular Italian dessert is easier than you might expect.
How to make a tasty and delicious tiramisu? As a beginner, you should know cooking is more or less simple if you respect the recipe step by step. The tiramisu is considered one of the best known and finest desserts from the Italian gastronomy. It has even travelled the world over time. Here is a simple recipe for everyone.
- 3-4 eggs
- 100 gr of white sugar
- 500 gr of mascarpone
- 10-20 Biscuits
- Chocolate powder
- Fruits (berries, raspberries, strawberries, apricots...)
First step: Prepare your biscuit base
- Wet your biscuits in a cup of coffee or milk for 1 minutes or more. Your biscuits must be solid enough to be handled.
- Add them together in the bottom of a deep dish. The number of biscuits depends on the length of your dish.
- Cool it in the fridge.
Second step: Prepare your creamy and soft mixture
- Whisk the sugar and the egg yolks together until the mixture becomes more creamy and white.
- Add the mascarpone to the mixture, whisking vigorously the mixture. It has to be more creamy and less liquid once the cheese is well incorporated.
- Add slowly the beaten eggs whites without breaking the homogeneity of the mixture at the centre of bowl.
- (Optional) Add fruits, vanilla grains or any fruit coulis/purée if you desire to give a particular taste to your tiramisu.
- Mix it until you have a smooth mixture.
Third (and last) step: Assemble your tiramisu
- Pour the mixture on your biscuit base in your dish.
- Add more fruits if you really like the fruity tiramisu.
- Cool the tiramisu for a day or more in your fridge.
- Once the mixture is cool (1-2 days), add the cocoa powder before eating your tiramisu with pleasure.
You can use any kind of milk if you don't like coffee.