Recipe: Individual flapjacks, the treat that's just for you
The perfect, gooey, treat for one
I love baking for lots of people. There is nothing like making something scrummy and taking it round to your family's to enjoy it together. Sometimes, though, you just want something warm and sweet to enjoy yourself. You don't need a 12 person recipe, it's just you seeking some you time.
This is perfect for that. Customise it as you want and make one or two for yourself or, if you really must be disturbed by the presence of others, make a few to share around. Gooey, sweet, delicious flapjacks, there is no better comfort food!
- 30g of oats
- 15g of butter
- 15g of light brown sugar
- A generous splodge of golden syrup
- Thoroughly mix the oats, butter, and sugar together in a teacup
- If you them super gooey, add a lot of golden syrup, but i'd start with a little splodge and work it in before adding a bit more. if should get to a moldable consistency but if you want more, go ahead!
- Place 2 cupcake holders in a cupcake tin and divide the mixture between them
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180C. Check their consistency at this point and, if you want them a little firmer and drier, leave a little longer, checking at 5 minute intervals
- Remove from oven and give 5 mins to cool
You can add chocolate chunks to this, or chopped nuts, or salt, or caramel. The world is your flapjack!