Recipe: Jamaican style BBQ jerk chicken drumsticks
These sticky and smokey BBQ drumsticks are finger food at its best!
BBQ flavourings and chicken. Need we say more? It's the ultimate flavour combination, and it also requires little to no thought or skill. Literally anyone can do this delicious sweet and sticky recipe, using a marinade of only 4 simple ingredients!
The sweet and smokey flavour of Grace's Jamaican Style Jerk BBQ sauce is the real MVP of this recipe, giving the chicken a deliciously sticky marinade and deep flavour. This marinade works great on drumsticks, but you can always use it on chicken thighs, wings or any other meat you fancy! The king of all marinades, you won't be able to get enough of this one.
- 1kg chicken drumsticks or 8 drumsticks
- 3 tbsp Grace's Jamaican Style Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil
- 1 Tbsp Dunn's River All Purpose Seasoning
- Marinade your drumsticks in the lime bbq jerk sauce, lime juice, oil and all purpose seasoning for at least an hour - See notes.
- Cook your drumsticks on a hot barbecue for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally to char the outside thoroughly.
- Eat hot or cold, and enjoy.
You'll get the most out of this recipe by marinading the chicken over night in the fridge, and taking it an hour before cooking to take the chill off. This will allow the flavours to develop and tenderise the meat. If you don't have time, or decide to make it on the day, you should marinade it for at least one hour!