Recipe: Jerk barbecue shrimp with pineapple and pepper
Try a taste of the Caribbean with this Jerk barbecue shrimp that's fiery and sweet
There is a common misconception that Jerk seasoning is restricted to meat, like pork and chicken. But this couldn't be more wrong.
The deep and earthy, fragrant and spicy flavours of Jerk is much more versatile than people think, and can be used in so many dishes – it would be impossible to list them all. Cue, Jerk-barbecue shrimp with pineapple and pepper!
This sweet and vibrant dish, using Grace Foods' authentic Caribbean products is proof you can get creative with your jerk, and conjure up some real crowd pleasing dishes. Scrap your meal plans for today, this is one you've got to try.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grace Jerk Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- Season shrimp with garlic, Grace Jerk Barbecue Sauce and salt. Heat skillet with Grace Vegetable Oil and use to cook shrimp for about three minutes or until slightly pink. Or if you've got the barbecue fired up, cook your shrimp on there for some extra flavour.
- Add lime juice, pineapple, sweet peppers and fish stock; cook for a further minute.
- Add cream sherry and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Simmer for a minute.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with your favourite accompaniment.
Julienne - to cut into thin strips
Grace Foods UK