Recipe: Jerk beef burger with pineapple and coriander relish
Spice up this barbecue classic with a taste of the Caribbean!
Is a barbecue really a barbecue without burgers? We think not.
So, why not push the boat out and wow your barbecue guests with these Jerk beef burgers and pineapple relish, using Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and a sticky and sweet pineapple and coriander relish? You'll be the most popular host in town.
These earthy and smokey beef burgers combined with the sweet and tropical pineapple relish, topped with a slice of smoked cheddar or literally, ANY other trimmings you fancy is a mouth watering thought, isn't it? You don't want to miss out on this one.
- 1/2 red onion, grated
- 400g beef mince
- 2 tsp Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 a pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Juice of 1 lime
- Slices of applewood smoked cheddar
- Iceberg lettuce
- 4 Brioche buns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grace's Jamaican Style BBQ Jerk Sauce
- Chop up your pineapple, and add to a small saucepan with the honey, chilli and nutmeg, and cook over medium heat until the pineapple starts to become sticky and slightly brown, and leave to cool.
- In the meantime, grate your onion and add to a bowl with your minced meat, jerk seasoning and oregano and give a good mix, then shape into 4 round patties and set aside.
- Brush your burgers with olive oil to avoid sticking, and cook on a hot barbecue until cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are cooking, add your coriander and lime juice to the pineapple relish, and prepare your buns and toppings.
- Serve up the burgers with lettuce, smoked cheddar and top with relish and a generous helping of Grace Foods' Jamaican Style BBQ Jerk Sauce and enjoy!