Recipe: Jerk grilled tuna steak with mango salsa
Who said the only steaks on the barbecue should be beef? Not us, and this Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk tuna steak is why!
Steak on the barbecue is a given, but if you're throwing on a tuna steak, give yourself a pat on the back - you are an elite level barbecue-er. The meaty and robust texture of tuna makes it so adaptable to vibrant flavours; Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning being no exception.
The deep and punchy flavours of the marinaded tuna, combined with the smokiness of the barbecue are elevated with this vibrant mango salsa. Why not spice up your steak game with this Caribbean inspired sensation?
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- Half a red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 inches of cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 ripe mango, cut into small chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp Grace's Coconut Water (optional)
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 Tsp Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Marinate your tuna steaks in the Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and neutral oil, and leave to marinade for at least one hour.
- Dice up your red onion, pepper, cucumber, chillies and mango, put in a bowl and add lime juice, olive oil, coconut water (optional), salt and coriander and give a good mix.
- Place your tuna steaks on a hot barbecue and sear. This should only take a minute or so on either side, just until it looks cooked and slightly charred on the surface.
- Take the tuna off the barbecue once seared, top with mango salsa and enjoy.