Masala Omelette is something every Indian knows. It is available from the street corners to the fanciest of hotels. No self-respecting breakfast establishment in India can get away by not having a masala omelette on their menu.
From breakfast to a late-night snack after drinking all night, it is a meal that is welcome 24x7. However, the street side version is the most popular and tastiest version of this. In the video, you can see me film my perfect street-side masala omelette served inside a local bread known as pao.
- 2 Eggs
- Quarter onion finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder as per taste
- 1/4th tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4th tbsp chaat masala (you will have to buy this from an Indian store)
- 1/4th tbsp jeera powder (roasted cumin seed powder)
- 1 spoon salted butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl
- Put in all the ingredients into the bowl
- Whisk everything like mad!
- Heat up the oil in a pan
- Once the oil is warm pour the contents of the bowl into the pan
- Cook the omelette until brown (we like it caramelized and properly cooked)
- Serve with any kind of toasted bread
It tastes best when served inside any kind of toasted bread. It could be a bun, sliced bread, ciabatta, muffin, etc. You can add cheese as well. With cheese just be careful of the salt content. Served with additional hot sauce on the side.
Me (not kidding)