Recipe: My version of the "pink drink"
Calling all strawberry connoisseurs
Starbucks has a famous "pink drink" that is a concoction of their strawberry acai Refresher, coconut milk, and freeze dried strawberries. I've never tried it, so I have no basis to go off of what it tastes like, but it always looks so pretty, and I absolutely love anything strawberry,
My version uses real, fresh strawberries - I make my own jam-like base. It's blended to perfection, making it an ice cold treat on a hot summer day. Try it for yourself or make it for a loved one who's fond of strawberries.
- 3 heaping Tbs. homemade strawberry 'jam' (recipe below)
- 1 cup cold milk (I use almond)
- 1 Tbs. sugar free, coconut flavored creamer
- 4 large ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- That's it 😅
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- In a small bowl, crush strawberries with a fork and add the sugar. Stir to combine. Keep the consistency somewhat chunky.
- Transfer to a small saucepot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer, about 10 minutes - until it thickens up a bit. Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator, about 2 hours, or even overnight.