Recipe: Sweet pumpkin jelly with a chocolate surprise
A quirky and fun addition for Halloween!
This is a perfect and tasty way to use up some leftover roasted pumpkin, and a great way to wow guests. Trick or treat?!
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or Maple syrup
- 1 1/4 TSP agar agar
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 cup of Aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Place the agar agar, pumpkin puree, water, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice syrup into a pan and stir well before turning on the heat. Heat up until boiling then take off the heat and place into a container. Set in the fridge for 20 mins. Use an apple corer to remove the centre 3/4 and fill with chocolate.
- Place the chocolate into the microwave for 30 seconds, remove stir and place back in until its all melted. Set to one side. In a jug place the aquafaba and whisk until firm peeks are forming much like you would for egg whites. Once you have firm peeks, fold in the melted chocolate, maple syrup and cinnamon. Try not to stir too much as you will loose the air. Once combined spoon into the middle of the jellys and place a small section of the cored jelly back on top like a lid. Place into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
The chocolate mousse will create more than you need so place any left overs into pots and you will have dessert for tomorrow night too!