Recipe: This cookie in a skillet is the answer to all your midnight cravings
The dreamiest chocolate chip cookie you'll ever eat
Struggling to find the perfect recipe to satiate your midnight-snack cravings AND satisfy your sweet tooth? Well, meet your match. This chocolate chip cookie in a skillet is quick and simple to make, and only has a few ingredients. Serve warm topped with vanilla bean ice cream and any other toppings that you may prefer.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt the butter over a medium heat. Stir often until the butter is completely melted and begins to bubble.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the brown sugar and caster sugar, stirring well. Continue stirring the mixture until it reaches a smooth, glossy consistency.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and add the eggs and vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Add in the plain flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate chunks and chips, and gently fold into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 160°C for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool at room temperature for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with vanilla bean ice cream.