- Arborio rice
- White wine
- Wild mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Broth (I used vegetable)
- Warm up the broth in a pot over low heat.
- Slice garlic and onion finely
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces
- Put some olive oil in a big pot and add the chopped garlic, cook until golden.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until golden too.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and a pinch of salt.
- When the mushrooms are mostly done, add the rice, stir it until it's mixed with the rest of the ingredients and toast it until the edges become translucent.
- Add the wine, (I used half a glass) and keep stirring until its completely reduced.
- Now we start adding the broth, one scoop at a time: we add one scoop and keep stirring until its absorbed and only then we add another scoop. The key is adding the broth gradually and keep stirring.
- You must try it to decide when it's done. It should be al dente. You might not need all the broth.
- Now we add some black pepper and grated parmesan and mix.
I hope I didn't offend any italians on the making of this dish.