Home cooking brought to you by
Roast cauliflower and cilantro salad
This works for either a summer BBQ or a cosy winter's evening on the couch
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped (you could sub for sweet potato or broccoli)
- Half a red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves - kale and spinach work well - shredded (you could also add grated carrot)
- Seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower, lightly toasted in a pan
- For the dressing: 1 tbsp thick plain yogurt, 1 crushed garlic clove, small handful of cilantro, squeeze of honey, sea salt, juice from half a lemon or lime
- Toss the cauliflower and red onion in olive oil and roast in a medium oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked.
- Whizz the dressing ingredients in a blender -- taste and add more seasoning, lemon or honey if needed.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a big bowl, top with the toasted seeds and then dress.