Roasted tomato and red pepper soup recipe that you'll still love over summer
A sweet and zingy soup you can guarantee will pack a huge flavour punch!
Step aside, Heinz tomato soup, you have been truly one-upped.
Slow roasted tomatoes, peppers, garlic and thyme give this easy soup a completely new and delicious depth of flavour. Blended in the Tefal Infiny Mix+ high speed blender, simply set it for 3 minutes at a medium speed and watch those beautiful roast vegetables turn into the best tomato soup you've ever had.
You don't even need to cook on the hob, simply go from oven to blender and have yourself the best darn tomato soup you've ever had, in less than an hour!
- 400g tomatoes, halved
- 2 large red peppers, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- A large handful of time sprigs
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- A good pinch of sea salt, plus to taste
- A good pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200ml cream/oat milk
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to serve
- Sourdough, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C/gas mark 5, and add your tomatoes, pepper, and onion to a large baking tray.
- Chop the top off the garlic bulb, just so you can see the top of the cloves, and add to the tray with the thyme. Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic and cover with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and put in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until everything is soft and roasted.
- Once your tomatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and take out the sprigs of thyme. Remove the garlic bulb and push down on it sideways with a knife so the soft roasted garlic squeezes out.
- Add everything from the baking tray into a blender. Pour a little of your stock into the empty tray to loosen all the sticky bits – these are full of flavour and you want this in your soup! Pour this, the remaining stock, and cream/oat milk and sugar into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add salt to taste if necessary, serve with griddled sourdough, plenty of parmesan and a good glug of olive oil. Enjoy!
The Tefal Infiny Mix high speed blender has Powelix Life Blade Technology for up to 40x smoother* results and up to 30% faster blending**, as well as an unbreakable Tritan jug and five automatic programmes for endless recipe inspo (smoothie, ice crush, sorbet, dessert and cleaning).
*vs a normal blender / **Compared to Tefal BL310