Home cooking brought to you by
Salpicón de atún: Spanish tuna salad recipe
A quick, easy and light recipe to use your canned fish in a healthy way
A quick, easy and light recipe to use your canned fish in a healthy way.
- Bell peppers – red, green and yellow, if you want!
- 1 onion
- Tuna (in this case, because it's what I had in the pantry – but you can use any canned seafood you want. I have used mussels, sardines, mackerel, crab and octopus. The last ones were coocked first, or bought ready to eat)
- Cayenne pepper
- White vinegar
- Chop the garlic, onion and peppers, and any other fresh vegetable you want to add.
- Put them in a bowl.
- In a glass, make the vinaigrette. Add the vinegar, the oil from the canned tuna, some oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Add the tuna (or seafood of your choice) to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Add the vinaigrette, and mix everything together.
- Add some fresh parsley on top. Done!