Savoury pancakes with rye bread, spicy yoghurt sauce and Parma Ham recipe
All of the yum, all on one plate. Could it get any better than this?
Imagine this: it's a lazy weekend. You have yourself a little lie-in. You venture into the kitchen. Hmmm, what do you want to make for breakfast? We've got an idea: how about these unbelievably delicious pancakes with yoghurty sauce and a generous helping of Parma Ham?
Small, savoury and filled with flavour, these sunny little omelette-like pancakes go together with traditional Italian Prosciutto di Parma like a swankier take on bacon and eggs. This recipe makes enough for 3-4 pancakes – whether you decide to share them or eat them all is up to you...
- ...for the pancakes...
- 4 eggs
- 20g flour
- 100g rye bread
- Salt and pepper
- ...for the yoghurt sauce...
- 125g plain yoghurt
- Red pepper flakes
- ...for topping...
- 125g Parma Ham slices
For the pancakes
- Beat the eggs lightly, add the flour and beat until smooth, then season with salt.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan over a medium heat. Pour in a small ladleful of the batter. Sprinkle small pieces of the rye bread on top. Wait until the top of the pancake starts to cook, then flip it over and cook it on the other side. Repeat until you have used all the batter and bread.
For the yoghurt sauce
- Liven up the flavour of the yoghurt with the red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the pancakes with Parma Ham and the yogurt sauce. Garnish with parsley.
The Parma Ham Consortium