Scotch pancakes with yogurt, blueberries and honey recipe
Who doesn't love pancakes?
Post sponsored by
Pancakes aren't just for pancake day. These Scotch pancakes will seriously up your breakfast game, and make sure you're the most popular host out there.
- For the pancakes: 200g plain flour
- 10g baking powder
- 10g sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g milk
- 100g Yeo Valley natural yogurt
- To serve: 250g Yeo Valley natural yogurt
- 50g honey
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 20g toasted sesame seeds
- Before you make the pancakes, you will need to strain the serving yogurt – we suggest doing it the night before, if not, a couple of hours should be fine. To strain the yogurt, pour 250g into some clean muslin cloth. Place in a sieve and leave draining over an empty bowl.
- Once you have your strained yogurt, you are now ready to make your pancakes.
- To make the pancakes, add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with the milk and yogurt. Once combined, pour into the dry ingredients and mix well using a whisk. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- To cook, place a pan onto the stove and add a small ladle of the pancake mixture. Cook for about 1 minute on either side or until golden brown on both sides.
- To assemble your breakfast, place the pancakes onto a warm plate and spoon the strained yogurt onto the middle of each pancake. Drizzle the honey over the pancakes before sprinkling over blueberries and toasted sesame seeds. Finish with finely shredded mint and serve.