Simple egg fried rice with flaxseeds recipe
A fibre-rich dinner that's ready in a matter of minutes
If, like us, you have days when you struggle to motivate yourself to cook up a wholesome meal, this easy egg fried rice recipe is a great time-saver to have in your back catalogue. Not only does it taste delicious, but it's also super filling, packed with fresh ingredients, and high in fibre too (thank you, Linwoods Milled Flaxseeds).
Ready in just 15 minutes, this is the perfect dish to share with a loved one when you just can't be bothered. Lazy cooking has never tasted so good...
- 2 whole eggs, whisked (+ 2 tsp butter or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked rice (brown, white, jasmine... whatever you fancy. Day-old rice is even better)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen carrots
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free alternative)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseeds
- Spring onions, to serve
- Cook the eggs in a pan over a medium heat to your liking. You can quickly scramble them, or make a thin omelette and shred it up before adding to the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the pan and set to one side in a bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan along with the peas, corn, carrots and rice. Cook for about 10 minutes – ensuring the veggies are fully thawed, but retain a little bite.
- Add the soy sauce, flaxseeds, sesame seeds and cooked egg to the pan. Stir to combine and heat through for just a couple of minutes.
- Season with a little more soy sauce if desired.
- Serve topped with spring onions, and you’re good to go.
Find out more about Linwoods.