Simple Raspberry Fool Recipe
You can use any fruit with this recipe and it's gorgeous with rhubarb giving a sweet and sour tang. Go ahead and experiment.
- 70g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a scraped vanilla pod or a teaspoon of vanilla flavouring
- 600ml of double cream
- Put the sugar and butter in a pan and slowly heat until they dissolve.
- Add the fruit and cinnamon and cook until the fruit is just tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the fruit is cold, whip the cream and the vanilla seeds until the cream is at soft peak stage.
- Gently fold the fruit mixture and then spoon into 4-6 individual serving bowls.