Smoked haddock and leek soup recipe
The perfect pick-me-up to keep you well nourished through those dark winter months!
Post sponsored by
A beautifully light and delicious soup with strong fishy flavours and lots of vegetable goodness… The perfect pick-me-up to keep you well nourished through those dark winter months!
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- 400g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 leeks, sliced into discs
- 200g sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
- 600g smoked haddock, skinned and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200ml Yeo Valley 0% fat natural yogurt
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the celery. Cover and sweat for 5 mins. Add the stock to the pan along with the potato and bay leaves and simmer for 10 mins, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the leeks, sweetcorn and haddock and a good grind of black pepper. Bring back to a simmer and cook for a further 5 mins until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the yogurt and check the seasoning. Divide between 4 bowls and top with the parsley.