Spice up your life with bite-sized Malai chicken
You won't be able to get enough of these bite-sized treats
Through lockdown, my mum and I have found ourselves experimenting with new flavours, exploring different Indian recipes, and seeing what works for our family. One of the recipes that really stuck out to us was malai chicken.
Traditionally made in a tandoor (a clay oven) and marinated in a unique blend of spices, yoghurt and cream, it creates this creamy, moist and flavourful chicken.
Due to us not having a tandoor, we choose to use the BBQ, which helped create a charred and smoky flavour. Alternatively, you can use the oven by placing a rack over your baking tray.
- 1.5kg of chicken breast
- 5 tbsp of yoghurt
- 100ml of cream
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Start off by draining the water out of the yoghurt so you are only left with the curd.
- Chop up your chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl mix in your yoghurt, cream, spices and lemon juice.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Now put in the chicken and stir until the chicken is fully covered.
- Allow marinating for at least an hour.
- Cook in your preferred way.
For the best results, marinate the meat overnight
Ayesha and her Mum