Strawberry fields are full of fresh berries. I'm a big fan of strawberry shortcakes, strawberries with fresh cream, and strawberry jam. We decided to do something a little outside the box this time though. Strawberry granola bars are so easy and so delicious.
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter — melted
- 4 cups small-diced strawberries
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line an 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper overhangs two sides like handles.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Press 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture into the pan Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Scatter half of the strawberries over the crust. Sprinkle the cornstarch evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice. Scatter on the remaining berries.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top. You will have some fruit showing through.
- Bake the bars for 35 to 40 minutes at 375 F.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Using a piping bag, ice the bars.
Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before icing, then cut into bars.
Doug the FoodGuy